After upgrading your Kerio Control Virtual Appliance to version 9.4.2, you notice that the interfaces are not loading and appear to have vanished. You are unable to access the Virtual Appliance outside of VMWare directly.
A permanent fix for this behaviour is currently under review by the Development Team and is being worked on at the highest priority.
In the meantime, you can leverage the workaround below to restore the interfaces on your Virtual Appliance and avoid further downtime:
- Within VMWare, click to place focus on the Virtual Appliance Console.
- Press Alt + F2 to switch to the visible console Shell in another terminal (TTY) screen.
- Login with user root using your admin password as the credentials.
- Enter the following commands:
- Note: Kerio Control will restart, and the interfaces will return within a few seconds.
- Press Alt + F1 to switch to the Virtual Appliance Console and confirm your interfaces appear as expected.
Within the Network Configuration menu, you should once again see the virtual adapters assigned to the Virtual Appliance. You can once again remotely administer the appliance via its assigned IP Addresses.