Before you proceed with the downgrade, we strongly recommend you to do following:
- Save your current configuration
- Write down your current serial number (it can be found in the main dashboard / license info)
To perform a downgrade, follow the steps below:
- Download the “Kerio Control Appliance - upgrade image” of version 9.3.6p1 from download.kerio.com
- In your KerioControl user interface, go to Advanced Options / Software update.
- In the section “Upgrade by uploading binary image file”, click on the “Select file” button.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded image file in step #1.
- The file upload to KerioControl will take 1-2 minutes.
- Once the file is loaded, click on the “Start upgrade” button - as shown on the image below.
- After clicking the button, the update process will start.
Please note that the update process will disconnect your internet connection along with your connection to KerioControl. The process will take approximately 3-5 minutes and it will automatically reboot the KerioControl device. Once done, the device will load with all its configuration and policies, and the internet connection will be automatically restored.
The downgrade process can be also performed through the MyKerio interface. Once logged in, simply connect to the target device and follow the steps above.
Note: After the downgrade, in case you see entries in Error Log related to Firebird DB please clear the statistics as explained in the "Remove Corrupted Data" section of Resolving Firebird DB errors