You want Kerio Control users to be able to access a website, but not be able to view any videos on that website.
Administration access to Kerio Control is required to perform the steps in any of the 3 cases below:
- If the videos embedded on the website are from a popular video site (eg: YouTube), then these can be blocked directly by using Kerio Control Web Filter (refer
Using Web Filter in URL Rulessection).
- If the embedded video site is not known and/or not listed in the Kerio Control Web Filter, then, follow the below steps to find the video site and then block it:
- Use the browser's Developer Tools to find the URL hostname of the video from where it's loaded.
- Create a new Content Rule with
Detected Content, add the URL hostname of the video site.
- The main site will continue to load without any issue, but the videos will be blocked and a timeout error will be shown in the video thumbnails.
- If the videos to be blocked are not embedded, but rather hosted on the same site, then, find the direct URL to the video files and block that domain with similar steps as in the previous point. In order to implement this, only the URL hostname needs to be changed in the previous point.