Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) require information related to the VPN that users will be using when connected to that ISP.
Below is the default information related to the Kerio VPN client:
- Type of Communication: IPSec VPN.
- Encryption: The cipher algorithm used for the control channel is Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol AES 256-SHA and for the data transport is AES-GCM.
- Compression: Disabled by default.
The encryption and compression are default values. This and any other additional information can be found/verified in the configuration file by following the below steps:
- Access Kerio Control using SSH.
- Open the configuration file
- Verify that the variables
VPNtable are empty (this means default encryption is set). If a different bit size is specified, then that's the one used instead.
- Verify that the variable
RasTurnOffIpHdrCompressionis set to
1, under the
If the value is
0, then it is performing IP header compression. Note: If compression is enabled, we don't have information on the rate of compression.