Where there is a need to export Kerio Control Traffic rules to XLS format, the specific procedure needs to be followed. The firewall communication is controlled by Traffic rules UI, but there is no automated way to export them. Each firewall rule is presented as its own <listitem>. The key cells for each list item would be Name, Description, Source, Dst (destination), Service, Action.
This article provides instructions on how to export Traffic rules into Excel spreadsheets.
- Obtain configuration backup from Webadmin by clicking Configuration -> Dashboard -> Configuration Assistant -> Export your Configuration.
- Choose whether to include your SLL Certificates/DHCP Leases (for the purposes of backup) or continue with Configuration only by clicking Export.
- A ControlBackup_<timestamp>.tar.gz file will be downloaded. You can open this file using WinRAR or any other compatible file archiving tool.
- Extract the winroute.cfg file from the archive.
- Open the winroute.cfg file with a text editor, such as Notepad++.
- Search for the specific rules, for example, VPN services rule.
- Edit the winroute.cfg in Notepad++ so that it suits Excel format.
For example, all XML formatting below is replaced (<variable name=" etc) with semicolons, using the search and replace function in Notepad++ (CTRL-F then click replace).
- Import the data into excel in a more manageable format, using the semicolons to separate the columns.
If you need to create Excel tables from flat data, please check Microsoft's guides: Create and format tables.