When troubleshooting advanced Directory Services, Strongswan, or IPsec VPN issues, it might be required to review and modify the internal configuration files.
The advanced configs are stored in the krb5.conf, strongswan.conf and ipsec.conf files, presented in the
This article provides a standard configuration of these files and a way on how to modify them.
Note: some of the modifications might be destroyed by the Kerio Control reboot/restart as the startup scripts override custom values.
- Once you're logged in via SSH, make the system read/writable by running the command:
mount -o rw,remount /
- Navigate to /etc folder.
- Open the necessary .conf file using Nano or Vim editor. The list of all presented Configuration files is below.
- Modify the configurations to the necessary values.
- For more information about krb5.conf defaults, please review krb5.conf man page.
- For more information about Strongswan modification, please refer to Strongswan docs.
- For more information about IPsec modifications, please refer to Adjusting Lifetime Values for IPSec VPN Using Kerio Control.
- Restart the appropriate services by running the commands (only for the necessary services):
- IPSec and Strongswan:
The changes have been applied to the Kerio Control configuration files.