A DHCP Server enables you to book an IP address for any host or MAC address. Reservations can be set in both scope configuration modes, manual, and automatic. Adding a reservation in the automatic mode does not switch to manual mode.
Any IP address included in a defined subnet can be reserved. This address can (although it does not have to) belong to the scope of addresses dynamically leased, and it can also belong to any range used for exceptions.
This article provides the required steps to reserve an IP address within a DHCP scope in Kerio Control.
- In Kerio Control's administration interface, go to DHCP Server.
- In the Leases and Reservations table, click Add and then Add Reservation.
- Type the name of the reservation. You can use the device name or IP address.
- Select MAC address or Hostname under Lease definition, and fill in the identification.
- Type the IP address you would like to reserve in the Reserved address field.
- Click OK.
Note: if the device is already shown under Leases and Reservations, right-click on it and choose Add > Reserve Lease. Verify lease reservation details and click OK.
You have reserved the required IP addresses as need. To check your settings, icons marked with R indicate a reserved address.