This article shares the steps for installing the Kerio Control Software Appliance edition that runs on a machine without an operating system.
Warning: This installation method erases any existing operating system and files on the target hard drive.
NOTE: starting with Kerio Control 9.4.3, UEFI support has been introduced.
Given the bare-metal deployment, the ability to install Kerio Control relies on whether the Kerio Control Kernel has driver support for the hardware of your bare-metal server. Therefore, you first need to make sure that the hardware you have is included in the Supported PCI/USB Device Drivers.
For example, attempting to install Kerio Control on a server with an unsupported disk drive will result in Hard Drive Not Found error.
- Ensure your server is meeting the minimum system requirements for the installation.
- Download the ISO image from the Kerio Control download page. If you need older versions of Kerio Control, download the ISO file from Kerio Software Archive.
- Burn the image on a CD/DVD or create a bootable USB flash disk.
- Depending on how you prepared the image, use the drive to boot the target device. The installation runs automatically. Kerio Control checks all interfaces for a DHCP server in the network, and the DHCP server provides a default route after the installation:
- If there is more than one Internet interface with a default route, Kerio Control arranges them in the load balancing mode.
- For all interfaces without any detected DHCP server, Kerio Control runs its own DHCP server through all configured LAN interfaces to
Xis the index of the LAN interface (starting with 10) while
Yis 1 for the control interface, and 11-254 is for DHCP assigned hosts.
- Follow the instructions on the computer's console to perform the basic configuration.
- Choose language
- Agree to the License terms.
- Confirm the installation by typing the code.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Reboot the appliance by pressing Enter.
- Choose language
- Enter the following address in your web browser:
For example https://10.10.10.1:4081/admin
Kerio Control displays its login page on the given IP. You can change the automatic pre-configuration from the Kerio Control Administration through Interfaces.
The first login to the administration interface after the installation automatically runs the product activation wizard, which you must go through to complete the installation process. Learn more about configuring Kerio Control using the activation wizard.