Kerio Control can send automatic email messages (alerts) about important events. Administrators can specify:
- Default alert language.
- Alert types.
Note: Ensure Kerio Control is connected to an SMTP server for sending alerts. This article covers the process to configure Alert Messages.
Step By Step Guide
- In the administration interface, go to Advanced Options and connect Kerio Control to your SMTP server.
- Go to Accounting and Monitoring > Alert Settings.
- Choose a default language for alerts.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Alert dialog box, choose a Kerio Control user or enter an email address.
- Choose the type of alert you want to create:
- System alert — You can choose from many types of system alerts.
- Traffic rule alert — You can create alerts for traffic rules.
- Content rule alert — You can create alerts for content rules.
Log message alert — You can create custom log message alerts for administrators.
- Configure the alert and click OK and the Add Alert dialog displays the list of active alerts, grouped by type. You can add more particular alerts for a selected recipient.
- When you have finished adding alerts, choose a time interval in which Kerio Control sends the alerts.
- Save the settings.
Kerio Control sends alerts to the selected user. If you need to set up alerts for other users, you can do it in the same way.