Kerio Control supports Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP). Some Internet providers use L2TP to create tunnels for connecting you to the Internet. If your provider requires this protocol, you can configure an L2TP interface.
Obtain the L2TP server hostname along with username and password for L2TP server access from your provider.
- Go to the administration interface and click on Interfaces.
- Click Add > L2TP.
- Type a new interface name in the L2TP Interface Properties dialog.
- Leave the Interface Group as is.
- Switch to the Dialing Settings tab and type the L2TP server hostname, username, and password.
- Set the time intervals in which the connection should be established persistently, and the time intervals when it should be disconnected. Outside of these intervals, the link will require manual dialing. The link can be hung up automatically after a defined idle period.
- Save the settings.
Confirmation: If the procedure was carried out correctly, the new tunnel status will be displayed as Up in the Interfaces section.