Level 1 agents
Level 2 agents
This training article teaches you how to resolve the issues within Kerio Control, collect the necessary information for troubleshooting incidents, and investigate them accordingly.
The upcoming sections provide detailed information on Kerio Control's features. This information helps you in resolving the network, connectivity, system, and other types of issues.
Subject Matter Overview
By the end of this course, you should:
Understand some of the key features available to troubleshoot the situations using Kerio Control.
Be able to describe how to recover an admin password and restore the system configurations in case of need.
Be familiar with the references and useful resources to support the utilization of Kerio Control.
The following are the Kerio Control features included in this training article:
- Collecting the Support Information to be sent to the Kerio support team.
- Using the IP tools functionalities to investigate connectivity issues.
- Creating Debug logs for advanced troubleshooting.
- Recovering a lost admin password and transfer firewall configurations in case of need.
This feature offers an overview of the Kerio environment, enabling the administrators and the Kerio Support staff to analyze which components affect the installation.
Refer to the article: Support Information File for more information.
This feature is an interface that is located in the Status area of the administration dashboard. It helps the administrators with:
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Obtaining information about a particular host or an IP address.
Refer to the article: Functionalities of the IP Tools Interface for more information.
An essential resource for troubleshooting Kerio issues is the Debug log, which outputs verbose details of specific activities. This is helpful when administrators want to perform an analysis of some activity that may not be working correctly.
For example, the name resolution takes longer than usual. In this case, DNS messages can be enabled to review the queries and their responses.
Refer to the article: Using the Debug Log for more information.
Restoring Password and Configurations
This section brings information on the Kerio system recovery. This is useful in the following cases:
- When an admin password is lost.
- When there is a need to move a configuration to a new appliance, making sure there will be minimal disruption during the process.
Refer to the following articles for detailed steps:
- Recovering Password using USB in Legacy Devices
- Recovering Password Using USB Flash Drives in Kerio Control Box NG Series
- Transferring Firewall Configuration