This article provides information on how to setup Kerio Control IPsec VPN configuration on iOS and Android mobile devices. The configuration includes modifying the native OS settings, as there is no separate iOS/Android VPN application.
Important: if you're using 2-step verification (2FA), you need to manually open http://<IP_address or hostname of Firewall>:4080//nonauth/totpVerify.cs in a web browser and proceed with 2FA configuration (use Manual Entry in authenticator app).
- mobile devices should be joined to the local network (Wifi) or Kerio Control should have a valid Public IP address with specific Traffic Rules configured.
- default allow VPN Services traffic rule is enabled
- VPN settings in Kerio Control Webadmin:
- open Configuration -> Interfaces -> double-click VPN server
- Enable Use certificate for clients, Use preshared key and Enable MS-CHAP v2 authentication. Click OK -> Apply. For more information, please refer to Configuring IPsec VPN Server.
- Open Configuration -> Users
- Click Add -> Fill out the necessary information. Make sure to enable ‘This user has a separate configuration’
- Open Rights tab -> enable ‘User can connect using VPN’ -> click OK. For more information please refer to Managing user accounts in Kerio Control.
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and click General. Then scroll down and click VPN.
- Tap Add VPN configuration.
- Change Type to L2TP.
- Fill in all required information including Username/Password and Secret (Preshared Key).
- By default, VPN will not be connected automatically. Tap Status switch to establish a VPN connection. The status will change from Connecting to Connected.
- Open Settings.
- Tap More -> VPN in the Wireless&Network section.
- Tap “+” in the right-up corner to add a new configuration profile.
- Fill in Name of VPN.
- Choose L2TP/IPSec PSK in the type field.
- Fill in Server Address.
- Skip LT2P secret and IPSec Identifier.
- Fill in your IPSec pre-shared key, username and password.
- Leave disabled Always-on VPN.
- Tap Save. Once it’s done, the VPN profile will be displayed.
- Tap on your VPN configuration to connect. Tap Connect to confirm.
- While establishing a connection, you will see the Connecting status.
- Once the VPN is connected, the status will change to Connected.
Open Kerio Control Webadmin -> Status -> VPN clients to double-check the status of the mobile device. The status should be shown as Connected. For more information, please refer to Monitoring VPN Clients.