If you have a Kerio Control Web Filter license, you can block unwanted sites like Facebook or other social media with the Application awareness.
Step by step guide
In this article, we will use the social media site Facebook as an example.
- In the Kerio Control Admin interface, go to the Configuration tab > Content Filter > Content Rules tab and click Add.
- Type the name of the new rule and Double-click the cell under the Detected Content.
- In the Content Rule - Detected Content dialog, click URL Hostname.
- Type the URL of the site you want to blacklist in the site field. In this case, it is
- Select the option Hostname across all protocols. Kerio Control sends DNS query and ensures that all IP addresses used by Facebook will be identified.
- Check the box Also apply to secured connections (HTTPS).
- Click OK.
- Double-click on the cell under the Action column.
- In the Content Rule - Action dialog, select Deny from the Action drop-down menu and click OK.
- Save the settings by clicking on the Apply button at the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Test the rule by accessing Facebook and the page should not be displayed.