Apple devices are not redirected to the splash page for authentication.
- Apple devices by default point to Apple websites in their browsers.
- These websites might be blocked in the network and, hence the redirect doesn't take place.
- While the device is connecting to WiFi, it checks Internet connectivity by accessing an apple.com page.
- Because Kerio Control requires users to be authenticated, access to this page is forbidden and the iPhone fails to connect to the Internet (a blank white screen is displayed during the internet connectivity test).
- After that, the WiFi connection is disconnected automatically.
To resolve the problem, add an HTTP exception rule in Kerio Control that allows traffic to http://*apple.com* without authentication.
- Log in to Kerio Control.
- Go to Configuration > Content Filter > Content Rules
- Create a new rule by clicking on Add at the bottom of page 4.
- Double-click on the Detected content column. Enter *.apple.com and click Ok
- Double-click on the Source Column. Select the user or group. Click ok.
- Double-click on the Action column. Select " Do not require authentication". Click Ok
- Click Apply.
- Be sure you do not have any other restricting rule(s) for the same URL above. If so, move this rule to the top of the list.
- Ensure that you can authenticate to Wifi with your iOS6 device.