Some Internet Service Providers may require routing multiple static IP addresses over a PPPoE connection.
PPPoE is a tunneled, encapsulated link, established on top of a physical network interface. In relation to Kerio Control, this means that the IP addresses assigned to the physical interface can be routed through the PPPoE link. Since the gateway is assigned by the PPPoE link, no default gateway should be defined in the physical interface to which the PPPoE link is bound.
- Open the web administration interface, go to Interfaces and double click on the interface which is connected to the modem in order to edit it.
- Define one of the static IP addresses and subnet Mask assigned by your ISP.
- Do not provide a Gateway.
- DNS server values are optional - they will usually be assigned by the PPPoE link.
- Click Define Additional IP Addresses...
- Add the additional IP addresses assigned by your ISP and click OK.
- Return to the Interfaces section from Step 1 and click Add > PPPoE.
- Configure the Username and Password for your PPPoE account. For more information, please refer to Configuring PPPoE connections.
- Define any connection intervals if necessary.
If the steps were carried out correctly, the connection will be dialed, and the gateway and the DNS values will be added to the PPPoE interface in the Interfaces list from Step 1.