Kerio Technologies provides a system update tool that uses a USB flash drive.
WARNING: We recommend using these tools for Kerio Control Box and Kerio Control Software Appliance. In this article, Kerio Control refers to Kerio Control Box or Kerio Control Software Appliance.
The Update tool is designed for a single use. An operation does not repeat if you restart with the flash drive still in the USB port. Once you perform the operation unplug the flash drive.
This article describes Kerio Control Box 1000/3000 series. For Kerio Control NG series, read Updating Kerio Control Box NG series using a USB flash drive.
To upgrade Kerio Control:
- Download the file Kerio-Control-Usbupgrade.
- Insert the flash drive to your computer into a USB port on your computer.
- Make sure that only one partition with file system FAT16 or FAT32 (VFAT) is created on the flash drive. The USB disk must not be formatted by file system NTFS, ext2, ext3, or ext4.
- Save the file Kerio-Control-Usbupgrade to the flash drive.
- Switch off Kerio Control.
- Plug the USB flash drive into one of the USB ports of your Kerio Control.
- When upgrade process begins, the box beeps once.
- When upgrade process ends, the box beeps once.
- Switch on Kerio Control.
- When Kerio Control boots, the box beeps twice.
- When Kerio Control Engine starts up, the box beeps three times.
Kerio Control is up to date, and all settings and data are saved.