Services are defined by a communication protocol and by a port number (e.g. the HTTP service uses the TCP protocol with the port number 80). You can create groups of services that simplify creating traffic rules. You can also match the so-called protocol inspector with certain service types.
Creating service groups simplifies creating traffic rules because you do not have to use all the services in your traffic rules. If you need a rule for more services, create a group of all these services and work with the group during creating the traffic rule.
Create a group of services in Kerio Control as follows:
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Definitions > Services.
- Click Add > Add Service Group.
- In the Add Service Group dialog, type a new group name.
- Click on Add.
- In the Select items dialog, select the required service and click on OK.
- Repeat step 5 for other services.
- When the new service group is ready, click on OK. The service group is finished and you can use it for creating a traffic rule.