Kerio Control provides detailed statistics on user activity, the volume of transferred data, visited websites and web categories. This information helps you understand the browsing activities and habits of individual users.
You can choose from the following options:
- Each user can access their statistics through the Kerio Control Statistics interface.
- Managers can access the statistics of their subordinates.
- Kerio Control can send automated statistics reports to users and managers.
- Kerio Control can gather statistics for communications between local networks and the Internet.
This article discusses the requirements for setting these statistics and reports.
These are the prerequisites you must meet before configuring statistics and reports in Kerio Control:
- The firewall requires user authentication. You can set user authentication under Domains and User Login > Authentication Options.
- The HTTP Protocol Inspector applies to any HTTP traffic. Kerio Control sets this condition by default, but you can disable the HTTP Protocol Inspector for specific traffic rules. To gather statistics from secure traffic, configure the filtering of HTTPS connections. Refer to Filtering HTTPS Connections for instructions on how to achieve this.
- Kerio Control includes web categories when using the Kerio Control Web Filter module. To ensure all sites are categorized, enable the Categorize each page regardless of URL rules option under Content Filter > Kerio Control Web Filter section.
- To let the statistics module see the visited pages by the users via the proxy, the transparent proxy option should be used (see screenshot below), which stands for "transparent to the proxy", so it intercepts and "sees" the traffic. Otherwise, the statistics module cannot see the visited pages and doesn't have information to account for. Please note that it might take up to 1 hour for the statistics to get updated.
Once you are compliant with the above prerequisites, you can proceed to configure statistics and reporting; refer to Settings for Statistics, Reports, and Quota in Kerio Control for instructions to set it up.