You may want to migrate from one Kerio Control Hardware appliance to another. To make this process easier, you can export the configurations of your original appliance to the new one. Afterward, you can import the old configuration backup into the new installation.
Export old config
- In the Administration interface, go to the Dashboard.
- Click on Configuration Assistant.
- In the Configuration Assistant dialog box, choose Export your configuration...
- In the Export Configuration dialog box, check all the items. Click on Export.
- The ControlBackup_<timestamp>.tag.gz file is being downloaded.
Important: consider backing up the configuration automatically by uploading the backup file to MyKerio on a daily basis.
Import to the new appliance
- On the new installation, open Configuration Assistant.
- In the Configuration Assistant dialog box, choose Import configuration...
- Click Upload Configuration File, select your Configuration Backup, then hit Next.
- Choose whether to replace the configuration completely or keep the current interface settings.
- If Transfer configuration from another Kerio Control installation (second option) is chosen, you will be prompted to select the old-new interfaces' mappings.
- Click Finish to restart Kerio Control.
Login to the new Kerio Control Webadmin and verify old appliance's configuration settings are in place.