Kerio Control supports PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol). Some Internet providers use PPTP to create tunnels for connecting you to the Internet. If your provider requires this protocol, you can configure a PPTP interface.
- Obtain the PPTP server hostname along with username and password for PPTP server access from your provider.
- Once you obtain these, go to the administration interface and click on Interfaces.
- Click Add > PPTP.
- Type a new interface name in the PPTP Interface Properties dialog.
- Leave the Interface Group as is. It can be edited at a later point if necessary.
- Switch to the Dialing Settings tab and type the PPTP server hostname, username and password.
- Set the time intervals in which the connection should be established persistently, and the time intervals when it should be disconnected. Outside of these intervals, the link will demand manual dialing. The link can be hung up automatically after a defined idle period.
- Save the settings.
If the procedure was carried out correctly, the new tunnel will be displayed as Up in the Interfaces section and the internet connection will be established.