If a Kerio Control user needs to access services hosted on the Kerio Control VPN Client, you can assign a static IP address to the Kerio Control VPN Client.
Do not set the same IP address for multiple users, as Kerio Control assigns the address to the last edited user. All other users with the same IP address will lose it and instead get a dynamic address from the DHCP server.
A user with an assigned static Kerio Control VPN Client address can connect to just one device at a time.
- In the Kerio Control administration interface, go to Users and Groups > Users.
- Double-click the user to whom you want to assign a static IP address.
- In the Edit User dialog box, go to the Addresses tab.
- Select Assign a static IP address to VPN client.
- Type the static IP address.
- Click OK.
Note: To prevent other PCs from logging into the same user account, set the specific MAC addresses field.
In such a case, the VPN connection will be established but dropped/closed afterward.
Windows PC connecting as Ubuntu user
Verify VPN clients' info matches the actual IP address of the VPN client.
Ubuntu ifconfig kvnet command to get interface details