If you have computers in the Kerio Control network that two or more users access simultaneously, you can require user authentication for each browser session. This allows Kerio Control to uniquely identify the web requests of each user on the computer.
This option is useful only in Citrix or Terminal Service environments, where multiple users authenticate to the firewall from the same computer.
- Configure non-transparent proxy server in Kerio Control.
- Configure non-transparent proxy server settings in browsers on computers shared with two or more users.
To enable this option:
- In the administration interface, go to Domains and User Login > Authentication Options.
- Select Force non-transparent proxy server authentication.
- Select Apply only to these IP addresses.
- Add a new IP address group for computers shared with two and more users.
- Click Apply.
Kerio Control requires authentication whenerver a browser opens.
If you run Terminal Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer, you can use Remote Desktop IP Virtualization instead of proxy servers. For more information refer to Using Remote Desktop IP Virtualization.