This article will guide you on how to install and configure Kerio VPN Client for macOS.
- Download and run the installer of Kerio Control VPN Client. Open installation package (.dmg file) and double-click the installer.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install. Change the install location if needed.
- Enter the user password.
- Allow access to System Preferences by clicking OK.
- Kerio Control VPN Client starts automatically when you install it and you can see the Kerio Control VPN Client window.
- In the Connection field, type a name for the new connection.
- In the Server field, type the Kerio Control server name or IP address. If your administrator gives you more than one server name or IP address, separate them with semicolons. Kerio Control VPN Client tries to connect to the first server. If the connection cannot be established, Kerio Control VPN Client can then try the next server. In case the server uses a different port than the default 4090, you have to suffix the port number to the server name / IP address with a colon (eg. 'server1:4091') - your administrator can confirm this.
- In the Username and Password fields, type your Kerio Control username and password.
- (Optional) Select Save password to save your password in Kerio Control VPN Client.
- (Optional) You can select Persistent connection if you have administration rights to your computer (click the lock on the Kerio Control VPN Client window). Persistent connections are reestablished whenever you restart your computer.
- (Optional) Select Show VPN status in menu bar to display a status icon on the right side of the main menu bar when Kerio Control VPN Client is running.
To remove old or broken connections:
- Open Kerio Control VPN Client.
- In the Connection menu, select the connection.
- Click the Remove button. Kerio Control VPN Client asks you if you want to remove the selected connection.
- Click Yes.
Kerio Control VPN Client removes your connection.
Kerio Control VPN Client is now installed and you will see the settings in the system preferences.