Kerio Control filters web pages that include undesirable words. The SafeSearch feature allows blocking suspicious content in the search queries. It acts as an automated filter of pornography and potentially offensive and inappropriate content. The custom groups and items can be configured as per the specific infrastructure or company's needs.
HTTPS decryption and filtering enabled to identify HTTPS websites
Forbidden words get a weight as a whole positive integer number. If a web page includes more forbidden words, weights are summed. The weight of each word is counted only once. If the total weight exceeds the defined limit, i.e. 70, the page is blocked.
The feature Forbidden Words is disabled by default. To enable it, select Enable Forbidden words filtering in the Content Filter > Safe Web tab.
It's possible to disable Safesearch for specific users (i.e. Admin). Under Do not enforce Safesearch for the following users, click Select -> add the necessary users -> click OK.
Adding a New Forbidden Word
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Content Filter > Safe Web.
- Click on Add.
- In the Add Group Item dialog box, select an existing group, or create a new one. Words are sorted into groups. All groups have the same priority and Kerio Control tests all of the groups.
- Type a keyword that is to be scanned for. This word can be in any language and it should follow the exact form in which it is used on web sites including diacritics and other special symbols and characters. If the word has various forms (declension, conjugation, etc.), it is necessary to define separate words for each word in the group.
- Type a weight. The weight should respect the frequency of the particular word (the more common word, the lower weight) so that Kerio Control does not block legitimate web pages.
- Click on OK.
- On the Safe Web tab, click on Apply. The new group will be visible.
Once the Word filtering weight is reached, the website page is blocked.