Kerio Control VPN removal procedure requires a specific process to follow. The uninstallation is done using Kerio Control VPN installation package. It is recommended to use the same uninstaller package as the currently installed version.
- Open Activity Monitor, find "vpn" and locate the 3 Kerio VPN services running
- Select them all and Force Quit them
- Go to the System Preferences > Users & Groups, select Login Items, and "minus" both KVpn items
- Go to System Preferences and right-click over the Kerio Control VPN Client preference pane, select Remove
- Delete the VPN configuration files, which are located in /Users/youruser/.kerio/vpnclient with a SuperUser just:
sudo rm -rf /Users/youruser/.kerio/vpnclient
- Finally, also delete the main app folder:
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/kerio/vpnclient
No need to restart the computer.
- Download the installation package from Kerio Software Archive.
- Open package installation file (.dmg) and double-click on uninstaller.
- Click Open to overcome the Security warning
- Type your macOS administrator password.
- Click OK to confirm System Events deletion.
Please apply these steps in case Solution 1 did not work:
- Make sure you are logged in as an administrator on the macOS system.
- From the macOS System Preferences, right-click on the Kerio Control VPN Client icon > Remove "Kerio Control VPN Client" Preference Pane.
- Manually remove all the files related to the Kerio Control VPN client, by executing the following commands from the Terminal application:
sudo rm -rif /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kerio.kvpncsvc.plist
sudo rm -rif /usr/local/kerio/
sudo rm -rif /Users/username/.kerio("username" should be replaced with your actual username).
The Kerio VPN client was uninstalled from macOS and it doesn't appear in the System Preferences.